Do you need legal advice from experienced attorneys?
Make the smart choice and experience peace of mind with JA Botha Attorneys. We have more than 28 years’ experience in a wide variety of legal disciplines and also specialises in cell phone mast radiation law.
Our founder, Braam Botha, graduated from the University of the Free State with the degrees B.Iuris, LLB, LLM (HR) and is currently enrolled at the North West University for his LLD/PhD degree. The subject matter of his doctorate revolves around the adverse health effects that the over-exposure to wireless installations (such as cell phone towers) and electronic screen devices (such as mobile phones) have on humans and the environment. The Constitution, International and Foreign Law are, inter alia, invoked to protect people (especially children) against these health hazards. Braam is a practicing attorney and was previously also admitted as an advocate. He lectured at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) and acted as facilitator-consultant for the NMMU Business School. Over the last 28 years, our firm has rendered legal & consulting services to a wide variety of clients, including corporate companies, universities, business schools, resident associations, colleges, municipalities, schools, state departments, non-profit organizations and other targeted groups.
Our services include:
- Electromagnetic radiation law: objecting against the erection of cell phone towers in close proximity to residential areas, schools, hospitals etc and obtaining prohibitory and/or mandatory court orders; claims for damages on behalf of persons who have been over-exposed to electromagnetic radiation from wireless devices and cell phone towers; drafting of cell phone tower policies and By-laws for clients and local governments, etc.
- Social media law: claims for defamation on social media platforms & court orders.
- Commercial Law, Consumer Protection Law and Credit Law: drafting of various commercial agreements of sale, lease, credit agreements, shareholders agreements, association agreements, legal opinions and registration of Companies and Trusts.
- Transfer of residential and commercial properties and farms.
- Labour and employment law, including various types of contracts of employment, unfair dismissals, unfair labour practices, retrenchments, dispute resolution, private CCMA and Bargaining Council Arbitrations, Labour Court reviews and opinions.
- Commercial Civil litigation in the Supreme/High Courts and claims for damages including medical malpractice claims and “slip & fall” injuries.
- Wills, Marriage Contracts (ANC’s) and Trusts.